When one imagines a chiropractor, it may be safe to wager that a lot of the first thoughts that come to mind are images of doctors twisting patients’ spines around comically. This kind of stereotype undermines the ubiquitous nature of back pain that a majority of people suffer from, as well as the chiropractic care that can best help treat it. It may even cause some to shy away from receiving the necessary, proper treatment in the first place.
Chiropractors can relay some of the essential facts that BackChart has compiled in a new infographic, “How Effective is Chiropractic Care?”, to ensure that our clients are armed with the most up-to-date information instead of any misleading stereotypes. Some of the most important facts include:
- 80 percent of the population will require back care at some point in their lives
- Chiropractic care is best suited for those suffering from acute or chronic lower back pain
- Treatment has a notably high success rate, with nine out of 10 patients reporting they found their chiropractic care effective
- Chiropractic care measures a patient’s functional disability in terms of “low back owestry,” with a higher score indicating impairment of daily functions and a lower score meaning greater function and enjoyment of day-to-day activities
- Patients require an average of five visits and end up seeing a four-fold improvement in function, with average owestry scores dropping from an initial 42.76 to a final 10.92.
It’s imperative that chiropractic physicians relay facts like these to their clients, assuring them of the necessity for chiropractic care in treating any severe lower back pain they may be afflicted with. Using chiropractic EHR software, practices can better monitor their clients’ progress during the course of their treatment, ensuring patients receive the best possible results and a more reaffirming state of mind along the way.
- See more at: http://backchart.com/news/maximizing-services-for-your-patients/how-effective-is-chiropractic-care/#sthash.MJ9kQRgc.dpuf